Monday, April 16, 2012

Improving performance of Racket Code and error when trying to byte compile

I hacked together several code snippets from various sources and created a crude implementation of a Wolfram Blog article at http://bit.ly/HWdUqK - for those that are mathematically inclined, it is very interesting!



Not surprisingly, given that I'm still a novice at Racket, the code takes too much time to calculate the results (>90 min versus 49 seconds for the author) and eats up a lot of memory. I suspect it is all about the definition (expListY) which needs to be reworked.



Although I have it working in DrRacket, I am also having problems byte-compiling the source, and still working on it
(Error message: +: expects type <number> as 1st argument, given: #f; other arguments were: 1 -1)



Anybody want to take a stab at improving the performance and efficiency? I apologize for the unintelligible code and lack of better code comments.



PS: Should I be cutting and pasting the code directly here?





No comments:

Post a Comment