Monday, May 14, 2012

Low Power Sensor Module

My next project requires me to have efficient wireless sensor modules. Basically, these modules should be able to read temperature, light, etc. sensor data and output it over its wireless transmitter/receiver. It can be any sensor and also it MUST be a transmitter and receiver.



My question is how to get it to very low power. I would like this setup to run for a year maybe 6 months but the current prototype I have with an Arduino chip and an XBee module sending data every minute cleans out a 9v battery in an hour. I have read a lot about this problem and wanted to know if XBee's are out of question. My worry is not the microcontroller, it is how to get efficient wireless communication while maintaining the budget on power consumption. Basically, what is the best low power wireless module out there?



Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment