Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Compatibility assistance issue in window 7

After creating an installer whenever I am running my application (from installer) , I am getting program compatibility assistant message. To fix this issue I have added the below code in my manifest file. but still I am getting the same issue . I am facing this issues in 2 of my applications one is in vs2010 and other is in VS2005. Below code fixes the issue in VS2010 application. But for the other application , still the issue is present.



  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
<security>
<requestedPrivileges xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
<!-- UAC Manifest Options
If you want to change the Windows User Account Control level replace the
requestedExecutionLevel node with one of the following.

<requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />
<requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />
<requestedExecutionLevel level="highestAvailable" uiAccess="false" />

Specifying requestedExecutionLevel node will disable file and registry virtualization.
If you want to utilize File and Registry Virtualization for backward
compatibility then delete the requestedExecutionLevel node.
-->
<requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false" />
</requestedPrivileges>
</security>








  <!-- If your application is designed to work with Windows 7, uncomment the following supportedOS node-->
<supportedOS Id="{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}"/>

</application>




can any one help me in resolving the above mentioned problem



Regards,



Vidya





No comments:

Post a Comment