Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Disabling button from another class

I know this question has been asked before or similar questions asked but none of the solutions has yet fixed my problem.



I have a winform that has a button named hitButton. All I need to do is to disable this button from another class (i.e. not the form class).



My form class is:



public partial class BlackJackTable : Form
{
}


My separate class is:



class GameWon
{
}


I have tried exposing a public method in BlackJackTable like this:



public void DisableButtons()
{
hitButton.Enabled = false;
}


and accessing from GameWon constructor (it doesn't seem to matter where in the class I access it from though) like this:



public BlackJackTable blackJackTable = new BlackJackTable();

public GameWon()
{
blackJackTable.DisableButtons();
}


I have tried using a variable in GameWon:



public Button hit;


and assigning from blackJackTable:



GameWon gameWon = new GameWon();

public void Assign()
{
gameWon.hit = this.hitButton; // or just = hitButton;
}


and disabling from GameWon:



hit.Enabled = false;


I have tried a couple of other things but none of them work. I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious as none of the methods I've tried have worked.



Any thoughts appreciated!



Update



I have managed to do the latter method with textboxes and pictureboxes, what's the difference with a button?





No comments:

Post a Comment