Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Automating C++ unit test runs for WinRT

Since running Metro apps headlessly is still a gray area: Running a metro app headlessly, I've recently decided to add a native unit test project to my Windows Metro app in hopes that I can find a way to run these unit tests in an automated fashion on the build server. Basically, I'm looking for something similar to MSTest.exe - a utility which is great for running tests from batch files and/or scripts.



In fact, I've tried using the new version of MSTest.exe that comes with VS11 on a generated test .dll, but it fails with the error:



"Unable to load the test container 'test.dll' or one of its dependencies... Error details: Could not load file or assembly file://test.dll' or one of its dependencies. The Module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."



Does MSTest.exe work with test containers that contain WinRT code? If not, is there a utility that will do what I want?





No comments:

Post a Comment