Friday, April 20, 2012

custom config xml setting and storing into dictionary object

I plan to set up configuration keys for FormFields, QueryString parameters etc. In my web.config I have setting as follows:



<WhiteListPaametersGroup>
<WhiteListPaameters>
<FormField1>EVENTVALIDATION</FormField1>
<FormField2>VIEWSTATE</FormField2>
<FormField3>Button1</FormField3>

<QueryString1>firstname</QueryString1>
<QueryString2>lastname</QueryString2>

</WhiteListPaameters>
</WhiteListPaametersGroup>


Then in my code, I read the value as follows:



Dictionary<string, string> parameters = new Dictionary<string,string>();

foreach (XmlNode n in section.ChildNodes)
{
parameters.Add(n.Name, n.InnerText);
}


Is there a better way of storing this. Later on, I want to be able to go through dictionary like object, and be able to get settings for FormFields, Querystrings etc.



Please let me know if I could write it cleaner.



Thanks





No comments:

Post a Comment