Friday, April 20, 2012

How to configr nutch and solr in ubuntu 10.10?

i m trying to build a search engine for my final year project. I have done lots of research on this topic in last 2 months.
And i found that i will need a crawler to crawl Internet,a parser, a indexer.



i am trying to use Nutch as crawler and solr to index data crawled by nutch. But i am stuck in the installation part of both of them. i m trying to install Nutch and solr in my system with the help of of tutorials on Internet but nothing worked for me.



i need some kind of installation guide or a link where i can find how to install and integrate nutch and solr.



next i m stuck with parser i have no idea of this phase. i need help here, how to do parsing of data before indexing.



I don't want to build Google or something all i need a certain items from certain websites to be searched.



i have Java experience and i can work with it comfortably but i am not a professional like u guys
and please do tell me that whether i am going in the right direction or not ? and what i should do next..?



i am using Ubuntu 10.10 and i have apache tomcat 7





No comments:

Post a Comment