Friday, April 20, 2012

How to get URL string into PHP variable

Let's start with an example:



So requested URL would be: www.domain.com/product/hdd/samsung



I want to have a rewrite rule to get index.php and save everything after www.domain.com into php varible. So, substituted page would be for example www.domain.com/index.php?query=product/hdd/samsung. But I'am unable to write correct rule.



I tried this:



RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ index.php?query=$1 [NC,L]


The code above isn't working. I want to use the query in PHP code in the index.php:



if(isset($_GET["query"] )) {
$query=$_GET["query"];
}


I find out, there is possibility to get $query via $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], am I right?



For my PHP application is varibale $query critical, because it's used for loading templates.



Questions:
What solution would you recomand me? To use $_SERVER variable or mod_rewrite?
If mod_rewrite, how to write correct RewriteRule?



Thank you





No comments:

Post a Comment